Cookies are files that can be downloaded onto your computer from websites. They are tools that play an essential role in the provision of a number of information society services. Among other things, they allow a website to store and recover information about the browsing habits of a user or their computer and, depending on the information obtained, they can be used to recognise the user and improve the service provided.
CLASSIFICATION ACCORDING TO THE ORGANISATION THAT MANAGES THE DOMAIN FROM WHICH THE COOKIES ARE SENT AND PROCESSES THE DATA OBTAINED
First-party cookies:These are sent to the user’s device from a computer or domain managed by the editor themselves and from which the service requested by the user is provided.
Third-party cookies: These are sent to the user’s device from a computer or domain not managed by the editor, but by another organisation that processes the data obtained through the cookies.
CLASSIFICATION ACCORDING TO THE PERIOD OF TIME DURING WHICH THEY REMAIN ACTIVE ON THE USER’S DEVICE
Session cookies:This type of cookie is designed to collect and store data while the user accesses a web page. They tend to be used to store information that only needs to be kept for the provision of the service requested by the user once and expire when the session ends or the browser is closed.
Persistent cookies: In this type of cookie, the data remains stored on the user’s device so that it can be accessed and used in more than one session. They can be accessed and processed for a period of time defined by the owner of the cookie, which can range from a few minutes to several years.
CLASSIFICATION ACCORDING TO THE PURPOSE FOR WHICH THE DATA OBTAINED FROM THE COOKIES IS PROCESSED
• Technical cookies: These allow the user to browse a website, platform or web page and to use the various different options or services that exist on it, for example by controlling data communication and traffic, identifying their session and accessing areas with restricted access.
• Personalisation cookies: These allow the user to access the service with some predefined general characteristics based on a series of criteria in regards to the user’s device, such as language and browser type.
• Analysis cookies: These allow their owner to monitor and analyse the behaviour of the users that they are linked to. The information collected through this type of cookie is used to measure activity on websites, web pages or platforms and for the creation of user browsing profiles.
• Advertising cookies: These allow the management of advertising spaces in the most effective way possible.
• Behavioural advertising cookies:These cookies store information about the users’ behaviour obtained through the continuous observation of their browsing habits, allowing a specific profile to be developed for displaying adverts based on it.
Information is obtained by means of web analytics on the number of users that access the website, the number of page visits, the frequency and repetition of visits, their duration, the browser used, the operator that provides the service, the language, the device used or the city to which their IP address is assigned. This information allows providing better and more suitable service by this portal.
This website also uses a first-party session identification cookie which is used for maintaining the user’s session in the browser. It is an exempt and technical cookie used to guarantee the correct operation of the site.
HOW TO MODIFY YOUR COOKIE SETTINGS
You can restrict, block or delete cookies from this or any other website by using your browser. This is done differently on each browser. Your browser’s ‘Help’ function will show you how to do it.